Miitomo Says Goodbye in May 2018
After almost two years, Nintendo's very first smartphone app, Miitomo, is scheduled to retire May 9th.
Along with their announcement, Nintendo ended its service of selling the in-app currency, Miitomo coins. However, Nintendo is offering daily login bonuses: 2,000 Miitomo coins and 5 game tickets as part of their "Miitomo Final Thank You Festival!" Players will also be refunded for any unused Miitomo coins that were purchased.
These are the current details of what happens after May 9th:
- If you launch the app after the end of service on 5/9, you'll see a message informing you that service has ended. You will no longer be able to use any of the app's features.
- You will no longer be able to see your answers or messages in the app.
- You will no longer be able to use items you've obtained in the app, such as clothing items, wallpapers, or posters.
- You can transfer your Mii™ character to your Nintendo Account by linking it to Miitomo. (Its personality and other information will not be carried over.)
- Sidekick Mii characters will be deleted. You can keep Sidekick Mii characters by saving them as a QR Code® before the end of service on 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT). They can then be transferred to Mii Maker on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems or the Wii U™ console.
- You will not be able to view Miifotos, including Miifotos you have shared to your social media channels. If you want to save any Miifotos, you must save them to your smart device before 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT).
- Miitomo- themed icons and clothing items used in your Nintendo Account or the Super Mario Run™ game will not display after the service has ended.
Nintendo is also hosting a final "Miifoto Event" in celebration of Miitomo's run
Create a Miifoto that best reflects your favorite Miitomo memory, and post it to Twitter!
The Miitomo team is planning on sharing their top picks on the official Miitomo website!
Click here for more details on how to enter.